Super Easy Gummy Candies that are so quick and easy, you can even get your kids to help make them! All you need is water, flavoured gelatin (such as Jello), gelatine and water!
I had bought some silicone candy moulds a few months back with the idea that I was going to make tonnes of candies, but Christmas passed and the need to have candy around did too. I finally got around to making a few batches today and was super surprised with how little effort these are to make!
To make these super easy gummy candies, you are going to need a saucepan, a glass measuring cup with a spout, silicone candy moulds and either a small wooden spoon or a small whisk. Of course you will also need the use of a stove!
Ingredients for making these super easy gummy candies:
You will need 78 grams of water, 1 regular package of flavoured gelatin, 1 package of gelatine, such as knox, and optionally 1/4-1/2 tsp of lemon juice. You will also need vegetable oil or cooking spray to grease the candy moulds.
- First prepare the candy moulds by lightly oiling them with vegetable oil, (I use a lightly oiled paper towel), or you can use cooking spray.
- Now you are going to pour the flavoured gelatin and the gelatine into a saucepan, then you will dump the water in.
- Next you will turn on the stove to medium high heat and start stirring the water-gelatin mix.
- Continue stirring until the grains are dissolved. This doesn’t take a very long time at all, maybe 2-3 minutes. Remember, we aren’t looking to boil our mixture, we are just heating it to dissolve the crystals.
- When dissolved, pour the mixture into a glass measuring cup with a spout.
- Next you will slowly pour the mixture into your candy moulds. I use the back of a dinner knife to even out the cavities that have overfilled.
- Now it’s time to put the moulds into the fridge to set, for about half an hour.
- When the gummies are set, you can eat them right away. You will find that they may be a bit oily. You can toss them in a bit of cornstarch to soak up the oils if you’d like!
Super easy gummy candy!
- sauce pan
- whisk or small wooden spoon
- glass measuring cup with spout
- silicone candy moulds
- 1 package knox gelatine
- 1 package flavoured gelatin such as Jell-o
- 78 grams water 1/3 cup
- 1/4-1/2 tsp lemon juice optional
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil or cooking spray for oiling candy moulds for easy removal
- Prepare your candy moulds by lightly oiling them with vegetable oil or cooking spray.
- Pour your gelatine and flavoured gelatin into a saucepan and then add the water and lemon juice (I added lemon juice for depth of tang flavour).
- Mix it all together and then turn the stove on to medium high. Stir often.
- Remove from heat when the grains are completely dissolved. Remember, we are not looking to boil the mixture- 2-3 minutes should be enough to dissolve the grains.
- Pour the mixture into the glass measuring cup
- Carefully pour the mixture into the candy moulds.
- Put them in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes!
- Remove from the candy moulds and enjoy right away!